· Residents who have voted in previous school, state or national elections during the past four years are automatically registered and eligible to vote.
· Wednesday, May 11, 2016 is the last day for citizens 18 and older, who have lived in the Hewlett-Woodmere School District for a minimum of 30 days, to register in person for the district-wide elections to be held on Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
· To accommodate the community, a special Voter Registration Day will be held on Monday, May 9, 2016, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. at the Woodmere Education Center, One Johnson Place.
· Registration is also being conducted now through May 11, 2016 at the Woodmere Education Center, school days, between 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., in Room 207.
· You may register to be eligible to vote for all elections by mail by downloading a New York State Voter Registration Form from the Nassau County Board of Elections website: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/580/Voting-Info-Services Or the New York State website: http://www.elections.ny.gov/
· Your mailed registration must be received by the Nassau County Board of Elections by May 6th in order to be eligible to vote on May 17, 2016.
Absentee Ballot Applications
· Registered voters who meet Absentee Ballot eligibility requirements may secure an application for an Absentee Ballot by calling the District Clerk at (516) 792-4806 at least seven (7) days before the election if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election, if the ballot is to be picked up by the voter.
· Completed absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than
5:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
· Absentee ballot applications are also available HERE
Questions or more information about Voter Registration and Absentee Ballots: 516 792-4806